Call for proposal of sessions30/07/2018 Published at 20h24m
Dear Remote Sensing and Geotechnologies Community,
We are pleased to invite you to submit proposals for organizing the Special and Thematic Sessions of the XIX Brazilian Symposium on Remote Sensing (SBSR), to be held in Santos between the 15th and 17th of April 2019. Special Sessions should tackle scientific issues with a global impact, and the Thematic Sessions should focus on scientific issues with relevant regional scope. These sessions are expected to draw upon the latest advances in different areas of application. These sessions are normally idealized and led by experts of the different science fields.
For the XIX SBSR 2019, the proponent must present a consolidated concept and structure of the session, including a tentative list of speakers and titles of their talks (see instructions below).
The contribution of the national and international community for these sessions is key for the XIX SBSR 2019 to cope with the communication of the main advances and the state of the art of the whole spectrum of relevant themes for the wide society. The deadline for submission of the proposals is 31st of July 2018. Submissions must be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com.
We encourage everyone to actively engage with this activity of the XIX SBSR!
Luiz Aragão, Douglas Gherardi and Ieda Sanches
Coordinators of XIX SBSR
Guidelines for submission of Special and Thematic Sessions
- Proposals should include: Title limited to 170 characters (including spaces), Abstract limited to 200 words, name of convener and a list of speakers, including presentation schedule. Please, indicate if there are financial resources available to support travel and subsistence of speakers.
- Session proposals must be based on scientific value clearly stated in the Abstract. Each Thematic Session will receive a time slot of 130 minutes and for the Special Session there will be 90 minutes. The number of speakers and the time for each presentation will be defined by the session convener. Ideally, a session should have three to four speakers, delivering 20 to 30 minutes presentations with time for discussion.
- Preference will be given to Session proposals with a focus on scientific results, including their applications.
- All conveners and authors listed must consent to being named as such by the time the session proposal is accepted.
- In the case of Brazilians, it can be the Lattes.
The deadline for submission of the proposals is 31st of July 2018.